Monday, May 19, 2008

Great News!

I saw the orthopedist this morning and got a clean bill of health. The results from the MRI show no sign of a lateral meniscus tear or any damage of any kind. There was a suggestion of some degeneration on the inside of my knee, but Dr. Zimmer said that MRIs are overly sensitive to that kind of thing and that there was nothing to worry about in his opinion. So, in the end, there is some inflammation of the cartilage, but nothing that rest, ice, and some good anti-inflammatories can't handle. The best part? He said I can start running again. One mile, every other day, and ice afterwards. If I feel okay, I can increase the distance by 1/2 mile each week. So, that is like 4 miles for this week, which is a far cry from 65. I'm just happy I can run again. I've missed it terribly.

No comments: