Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drug-free, for the moment

I felt like crap yesterday. I had just gotten sick of taking antibiotics and eating simple, bland foods. I felt totally depressed, in a way I hadn't felt in a long time. I wasn't myself at all. Thankfully, the drugs are all done and I don't have a nasty taste in my mouth all the time. And, I went for a run last night, which made all the difference in the world. I ran a fast 5 miles or so. It was great to be outside and to be moving.

I think things are back on track and that I won't have any problem making the half-marathon in May. I am signing up for the Lawyers Have Heart 5k, which benefits the American Heart Association. Despite this fundraiser, I don't think most lawyers actually give a crap about anyone and that they only do this to try and rub a little sunshine onto their image. Frankly, I expect most of the lawyers that run to be doing it as a way to either show off in front of their colleagues or because they feel like they have to do it to score points with other members of their firm. I am doing it because my sister, a budding lawyer, was invited as part of her firm to participate and she invited me to do it with her.

No comments: