Tuesday, June 05, 2007

They Say it Takes Two Years

On average, anyways, to get over the loss of a child. I don't know, man. I feel alright for a bit and then I have a patch where I miss Eva like hell. For some reason, the past few days have found me thinking of her more often. I started to get rather upset during a run the other day and had to push the emotions off so I could finish. I found myself almost crying in the car today, something that hasn't happened since the first few weeks after her death.

Maybe it is because I officially requested the final autopsy report last week. Maybe it is because we have such joy with Noah and Naomi that I can't help and feel the loss and the sting of her passing.

It still feels avoidable. I still can't quite believe this has happened. I still feel like I should be going to the hospital every day.

No comments: