Friday, March 24, 2006

What is a Daddy Bar?

It is about time I explain why this is called The Daddy Bar. It is a mediocre name for a blog, but it is something our son came up with. I eat Balance bars, Yogurt Honey Peanut to be exact. That is the only flavor I've ever really enjoyed. Like many toddlers, our son likes to eat whatever I am eating, particularly if what I am eating is not what he has at that moment. So, at some point several months ago, I shared one of these bars with him. Not surprisingly, he loved it. And, since it is definitely healthier than giving him ice cream for breakfast (something I did this morning), we've never really had any issue with him eating these bars. He also likes to eat whatever his Mommy is eating, meaning that he has also gotten to nibble on the various flavors that Audrey likes. But, he seems to prefer the Yogurt Honey Peanut, which he associates with me. So, instead of saying "yogurt honey peanut", he just says "Daddy bar" when he wants one. But, as a phrase, it sounds like the name of a hangout for fathers. So, since this is sort of a virtual hangout and I talk about being a father...you get the point.

No comments: